2 cups ground almonds
*1⁄2 cup date paste**
6 oz fresh blueberries (or berries of your choice)
11 Fuji apples peeled
2 tablespoons date paste, (or more to taste)
2 tsps Blue Majik
1. Put almonds in bowl and mix with date paste using a fork.
2. After thoroughly mixed, put in a 9” pie pan (preferably one with removable bottom). Line the pan with a thin layer of crust using your hands.
1. Peel 11 apples. Shred 7 of the apples, using the coarse side of cheese grater. Squeeze out as much juice as possible, leaving apples as dry as possible. Set aside 1 cup of shredded apples and put remainder into mixing bowl.
2. Thinly slice 3⁄4 of an apple and cut slices into 1⁄2” squares. Put remaining 1⁄4 apple into food processor with 3 chopped apples, date paste and blueberries (except for 15-20 of smallest blueberries which you set aside). Process thoroughly then add 1 cup shredded apples you set aside and process again.
3. Put all ingredients including 15-20 smallest blueberries in mixing bowl with remaining shredded apples. Stir and fill piecrust.
4. Refrigerate for 1⁄2 hour, remove pie from pan. Sprinkle almond crumbs, then cinnamon on top of pie. Cut into 8 pieces.
*How to ground almonds:
- 2 quarts or more unpasteurized organic raw almonds
Soak almonds overnight in filtered water. Drain and put on dehydrator trays for 24-36 hours until dry. Store in airtight container and use as needed for recipes. Skip the soaking and dehydrating if you don't have a dehydrator.
**How to date paste:
- 25 Medjool dates
Pit dates and soak for 1⁄2 hour. Drain and put in food processor. Blend until smooth with no chunks (may need to add water if too thick). Store in fridge.